Managing Multimorbidity – Primary Care Webinar Series 2023 aims to address gaps in knowledge and skills of primary healthcare workers in managing multimorbidity, particularly in considering patients co-existing physical and mental health and social circumstances; coordinating across members of the multidisciplinary team; managing polypharmacy; and conducting consultations to address multiple conditions.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Recall strategies to holistically manage patients with multimorbidity by considering their physical conditions along with their mental and social circumstances
- Recognise the benefits of improved communication and coordination with the multidisciplinary team in managing patients with multimorbidity
- List factors to consider for appropriate prescribing and deprescribing drugs for patients with multimorbidity
- Plan an improved strategy on structuring a consultation with patients with multimorbidity
The activity has been approved by the Royal Australian College of General Practice for the following hours and types:
- Reviewing performance (RP): 1 hour
For completing the pre- and post-activities
- Educational activities (EA): 1 hour
For attending the 1- hour webinar
This program is supported through an independent grant from Amgen with other supporters still to be confirmed. Supporters are not involved in the development of content, selection or discussions with the faculty.