3 Category 2 points with the RACGP
2 Core PDP point
All participants will be awarded a certificate of completion for self-reporting to other colleges
In collaboration with the Australasian College of Dermatology
Proudly supported by the Eczema Association of Australasia
Duration: 90 minutes
Watch the panel present a live case, and learn what the barriers were to getting Amira’s eczema under control and how they were overcome.
- Recorded, live case presentation and interview
- Compare your answers to MCQs to those of your peers (recorded during the live webinar)
- Expert panel: Amira’s Mother, Dermatologist, GP and Psychologist
- Practical advice and strategies to IMPACT outcomes of patients in your care
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the considerable burden of atopic dermatitis on patients, their families, and caregivers and the importance of patient and caregiver education for long-lasting effective management
- Describe the impact of atopic dermatitis on QoL and psychological wellbeing of patients, their carers and families.
- Educate patients, their families and caregivers to improve their understanding of atopic dermatitis and promote adherence to therapies
- Apply strategies and tools that enhance patient – clinician communication and improve patient safety and quality of care.
Independent Medical Education
This programme was supported by an independent educational grant from Pfizer IGLC. Pfizer had no involvement in the development of the programme or the selection of faculty.
- Dr Kate DeAmbrosis Bachelor of Medicine(Hons), FACD, MPH
Valley Plastic Surgery
Mater Hospital, Brisbane QLD
- Ms/Mrs Anoushka Fish
Mother of 8-year-old Amira, QLD
- Dr Melissa Oxlad M. Psych (Clin. & Hlth), PhD, Dip. Clin. Hypnosis
University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA
- Dr Anita Sharma MBBS FRACGP
Director, Platinum Medical Centre, Brisbane, QLD
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners:
- 3 Category Two QI&CPD points
- Activity no. 153292
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine:
- 2 Core PDP point
- Activity no. 16044